Two Charging Modes
The AC-VQL1BP has two selectable charging modes. This capability results from Sony's dedication to providing professional users with the features they want most.
1. Full charge mode: charging to 100% of battery capacity
2. Normal charge mode: charging to 90% of battery capacityNormal charge mode gives professional users the optimum balance of performance and speed you can charge to 90% capacity but save 60 minutes when compared with charging to 100% capacity in full charge mode. The new AC-VQL1BP charges 20% faster than the AC-VQ1050, saving roughly 30 minutes per battery when charging NP-F970 batteries.
The AC-VQL1BP has a display showing charging status. During battery recharging you can plan your shooting schedule based on charging information. This display gives the exact time in hours and minutes for:
1. Current available time for shooting
2. Remaining time to complete a normal charge
3. Remaining time to complete a full charge (when in full charge mode)
Battery Log Information
Professional battery management functions are available with the AC-VQL1BP. Usage history is available when a battery is attached to the charger, featuring:
1. Total charging time
2. Total number of charging cycles
3. Month and year of last use
Dual AC Adaptor
AC power is provided for two-camcorder shooting. One AC-VQL1BP can power two camcorders simultaneously, or power one camcorder and recharge one battery at the same time.